CentralPAfishing.com

Recent Comments on CentralPAfishing.com

Monday, June 13, 2005

Fishing Report: Juniata River (Lewistown)


It was a slow day of fishing. Most guys I talked to coming down stream had only managed a few smallmouth bass. Several reported only catching two or three on an eight mile float. If fished at two mile stretch from my trusty river john. First I tried dragging crawfish baits with no luck. Next I tried throwing some crankbaits and Yum Dingers with the same results… zilch. I eventually manage to land four fish in two hours of fishing on a three inch slug-go.

Pattern
All the fish came from the shady side of the river near shore. I cast to structure that created a current break such as rock piles, root wads, and fallen timber. I attempted some deeper holes and mid river locations with little success.

Weather

Intense sun. air temps in the 80’s. water temps over 60 degrees

No comments: