CentralPAfishing.com

Recent Comments on CentralPAfishing.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Fishing Report: Small Un-Named Creek


Smallmouth bass caught on a 4" Berkley Power Worm

I visited a small creek today to see if I could entice any of the local Smallmouth bass to take the bait. Well, I guess they had other things on their mind. No Smallies landed today and only one hit in an hour of fishing. I saw a handful of what was probably male bass cruising the shallows. I did see thousands of fry. Probably bass from this years spawn.

I was a little disappointed to come up empty handed. After all, this creek is one of my "go to" spots if a have an hour to kill and want a sure thing. The bass either had a severe case of lock jaw or they moved out of the zip code.

Lesson learned
There are no "sure things" in fishing.

Pattern
I tried every imaginable area of the creek. Shollow flats, eddies, deep pools, drop off, etc. but just couldn't locate any biters. I threw an assortment of soft plastics at them as well.

Weather
Sunny, very mild temperature

Water Conditions
Clear and low water level. Temps around 60 degrees

No comments: