CentralPAfishing.com

Recent Comments on CentralPAfishing.com

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fishing Report: Little Juniata, Blair County

Only 4 fish caught today and not a lot of size but the fish definitely fought "big". It was one of those days when the number of fish you catch is directly related to the amount of water you cover. I only had 2 hours to fish and I was wading so 3 holes fished 4 fish caught. There were no "Dinks" in the bunch. All the fish measured between 12 and 13 inches but fought hard and jumped often!

Time
4:30 - 6:30

Baits
I tried a variety of baits and eventually came to the conclusion that the fish were not in a very aggressive mood. I threw a 6" slug-go for a while with only one fish taking a wack at it. I fished crankbaits for a while without a hit. Tried a rapala stick bait as well but had not takers. When I switch over to a Yum Dinger tex-posed rigged, I started getting hits. All four fish were caught on a 4" Dinger. I used two colors Dark pumpkin/chartruese and pumpkin/chartruese.

Pattern
The fish were very neutral and were not in a chasing mood. Many just picked up the bait without fully inhaling it. I verified this by sight. First I eliminated the shallow water and riffle areas. When I moved to deep water holes, I started getting bit. I also tried to fish areas that were in direct sunlight. There is plenty deep water structure, chunk rock, and bridge pilings to fish on the Juniate. I wish I had more time today!

Water Conditions
Water levels are up. visibility 3-4 feet. Water temps unkown.

Weather Conditions
Sunny, low 60's. Warm for this time of year.

No comments: