CentralPAfishing.com

Recent Comments on CentralPAfishing.com

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Fishing Report: Little Juniata, Blair County

The smallmouth bass are getting “fat” and aggressive on the Little Juniata. A fishing buddy and I did a wading trip and landed 30+ smallmouth in a few hours of fishing. No fish broke the 14” mark but many of them pulled like a fish twice their size. These fish are fat and strong!

Yes, I have to give credit where credit is due. My fishing partner did out fish me. What I won’t mention is that I didn’t show up at the water until about 5:00 p.m., giving him a two-hour head start on me!

Time
3:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.

Baits
4” Yum Dingers in pumpkin/ chartreuse colors. Baits were rigged tex-posed with no weight.

Pattern
The fish are definitely starting to move into a fall pattern. They are keying heavily on the available baitfish. Most fish were caught off of steep rock banks in 3 or more feet of water. We also started catching fish that were keying on baitfish in shallower water at the heads of pools.

Water Conditions
Visibility 3+ feet. Water temp unknown. Water level below normal.

Weather Conditions
Mostly sunny with periods of clouds. Unseasonably warm in the high 80’s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.